Dear Lawndale Family:
Lawndale High School is holding elections for School Site Council. This must be completed by September 29, 2017. Your position on School Site Council is eligible for a two-year term and the monthly time commitment is about 2 hours a month. We invite you to nominate yourself for the following:
A School Site Council (SSC) must be established at Lawndale High School. The elected parent members represent the general parent community. Parents, alongside elected students, community members, and school staff will be responsible for the following:
1) Review the school plan for student achievement (SPSA)
2) Review and analyze student data
3) Solicit community input and develop a needs assessment
4) Assist the principal in developing a new SPSA and oversee the school site budget
5) Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of SPSA on an ongoing basis
6) Approve the SPSA and school site budget before it is submitted to the District for final review and approval
The school council and committees are needed to support all school programs. You are invited to become a candidate for membership on the council. The school & district are responsible for providing you with the information and training you need to be an effective member. Generally, the groups meet once per month for about 1-2 hours. Each member is elected for a two-year term. Family members can offer insights on how effective our school is in creating a positive learning environment and how well their children have done in various school programs. Parent voice and parent participation are important to our school. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Lawndale High School Parent Center at 310-263-3117.
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL ELECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT WEEK THROUGH FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2017.
*The nomination form may be completed by clicking on the following link: