Please read Chapter 1 on your own. Click on the heading above called "Chapter 1 Lecture" for the online powerpoint. This information is about 5% of your AP test. Though lightly covered on the test, it is good to train yourself how to extract important information and learn good note-taking skills for the next chapters.
Tips to be successful:
1) Be 2 days ahead of the teacher in lecture/reading material
2) Before you go to sleep, check your backpack/purse/murse for each period's notebook and homework. Make sure you checked off your to-do items in your personal agenda
3) Get your clothes ready the night before. Check yourself in the mirror and make sure the outfit is what you want.
4) If you are a snoozer, remove your alarm clock from your nightstand across the room so you need to physically get up and walk over to shut it off.
5) Turn your phone on silent until you are finished with your history readings. What should take 1 hour will take two to three if you constantly allow interruptions into your study time.