Mission, Vision, & Graduate Profile
Lawndale High School's mission is to graduate all students with high levels of critical thinking and interpersonal skills. Through diverse, culturally-relevant, and research-based instructional practices graduates will be empowered to take ownership of their environment, be positive contributors and global citizens.
Lawndale cultivates a positive learning environment where each student is confident and self-sufficient in their pursuit of post-secondary success at an institute of higher learning, in a career and life.
CVUHSD Graduate Profile
- College and Career Ready Individuals: Graduates will develop and manage a clearly articulated post secondary plan that is aligned with their academic and/or career goals and personal passions.
- Effective Communicators: Graduates will be able to express thoughts and articulate ideas through verbal, non-verbal, written, and technological means.
- Ethical Leaders: Graduates will demonstrate ethical leadership through effective decision making and self management by understanding their personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Independent & Collaborative Critical Thinkers & Problem Solvers: Graduates will exercise critical thinking skills to independently and collaboratively address the nature of a problem and propose creative solutions.
- Socially Aware & Responsive Community Members: Graduates will act as productive citizens who serve in the community to improve the quality of life for their local, national, and global community.