“Opportunity, Just What the Doctor Ordered” by Kajmere Hochins
You will find (attached file) the round questions, too.
Join the faculty and staff of Lawndale High School for an informative night; meet your student's teachers and see what it's like to be a Cardinal. Click here for a schedule of the event.
Welcome & Opening Address 5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. CVCA Main Auditorium
Period 1 5:40 p.m. – 5:50 p.m.
Period 2 6:00 p.m. – 6:10 p.m.
Period 3 6:20 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Period 4 6:40 p.m. – 6:50 p.m.
Period 5 7:00 p.m. – 7:10 p.m.
Period 6 7:20 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
1. TYPED Rough Draft due June 6 or 9. Type and print at home; or go to Hawthorne High Media Center; or local libraries; or send to me as an attachment.
2. Rough Draft will be scored (64 points, see narrative writing rubric)
3. Rough Draft returned on June 10 or 11.
4. Opportunity to REVISE - deadline June 13.
*** If you turn in mid-week, there is the possibility in revising it and turning it back in on the 13th.
**** If you turn it in on the 13th, the score that you receive is the final score for this assignment.
***** If you do not turn in at all, the half credit you are receiving will revert to a zero. (See class syllabus under grades).
Here are the questions to respond to after having read the article "Painfully Shy." Please borrow the copy of the article in my room.
1. Identify Big Ideas/Concepts
2. Choose a dominant B.I/Con and support with textual evidence
3. What is the gist of the article
4. What are the implications of this article?
5. Record 1 Clarifying Question and 1 Probing Question
6. List 2-4 "Take-a-ways"